The mere mention of muscles often conjure in our minds images of bulging biceps in the upper arm or well-defined 6-packs in the abdomen. However, muscles do not merely serve an aesthetic purpose, they play an important role in keeping our body functioning.
There are 3 different types of muscles in our body, namely, smooth, cardiac and skeletal muscle. Together, they make up the 600 muscles in our body which do everything from blood circulation to helping us lift heavy things.
Besides making you look good, other reasons we need muscles include:
- Gaining muscle through strength training helps increase your metabolic rate, which causes your body to burn more fat.
- Building up your muscles also builds and strengthens your bones and tendons; help prevent broken bones and tendon sprains and tears.
- Improve your fitness and conditioning levels, thus improving your general health.
Research shows that individuals who consume 20-25 grams of fast-digesting protein (like whey), may see an increase in muscle building through the process of muscle protein synthesis.
If you’re physically active regularly, you need more quality protein daily, especially before and after your workout session.
Whey, a by-product from the cheese making process, is commonly used by athletes, bodybuilders and fitness models for improving athletic performance and increasing muscle mass and strength.
A study published in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism concluded that "whey protein supplementation during resistance training offers some benefit compared to resistance training alone." In addition, "males who supplemented with whey protein had a greater relative gain in lean tissue mass."
Whey protein promote muscle gain in a number of ways including:
- Contains high amount of amino acid leucine, which is known to stimulate muscle protein synthesis at the molecular and genetic level.
- Increases the release of anabolic hormones like insulin that can stimulate muscle growth.
- Whey protein is absorbed and utilised very quickly compared to other types of protein.
|30g||Every serving (40g) has 30g of protein|
|BCAA||Branched-chain amino acids help muscles recover fast|
|Super Food||Contains Spirulina and Chia Seeds that help improve muscle strength and endurance|
XS Mixed Whey Protein with Chocolate Flavour is a high quality protein blend rich in branch chain amino acids which aid muscle recovery whilst also helping build muscle. Every serving gives you 30 grams of protein, without the added fats, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours.
Made from a blend of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate, it also contains Spirulina and Chia Seeds, which provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
It is specially formulated to provide your body with the quality protein it needs to improve recovery and promote muscle growth.
Available in chocolate flavour, this delicious and creamy blend is ideal as a quick high protein snack or after an exercise session. Try it to get the most out of your workout or ace your game!